Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Bagan Fans Earged Me to play for them:SONY

Our reporter AMIT DAS had attended the press conference of Haitian Magician SONY NORDE and the gaffer SANJAY SEN Read what Sony said
.
.
.
Kolkata: The defending I League champions perhaps got it’s biggest boost yesterday,with the arrival of Haitian International Sony Norde.
Norde,who arrived in the city late last night was at the Bagan practice today.He was seen training under physical trainer Garcia along with team mate Subhash Singh.Sheer prescence of Norde lifted the moral of his teammates as they welcomed the Haiti international at the practice session.Norde was seen having a long discussion with Brazilian Luciano.The Bagan supporters came in numbers to cheer Norde today.Loud shout of “Norde – Norde” filled the air wishing him to win the derby on Saturday.

Later,the Haiti international spoke to the media about his second stint in Bagan:
On his fitness–"I am in much better shape now,although feeling a bit tired because of the long journey from Cuba.Will try and get match fit as quickly as possible.We have a good balance in the strike line.If I get an opportunity to play even for 10 minutes,will definitely give it my best shot."
On derby–"We are in a good rhythm having won the first two matches.I saw both the matches on internet.But derby is all together a different match.No one can predict what the outcome will be."
On Cornell Glen–"I didn’t have an opportunity to speak with him at the ground.But did discuss with him about the team and striking line in the dressing room."
On comparison with last year’s team with this year–"Last year we were the champions of the I League.This year we have just started our campaign with a bang .But,it’s too early to comment which is a better team."
On personal goal–"Doing well in AFC Cup is much more important for me.Our coach is the ultimate boss.It is for him to decide which one is more important .But if you want my opinion,I would definitely rate the AFC Cup much higher than the I League."
On face book post–"The Mohun Bagan officials have always wanted to play for them this season.I also wanted to play for the Green and Maroon.The main reason for me coming back to play for Bagan this season was the atmosphere here.But last year the club went through some tough time,that forced me to think otherwise .As a professional footballer,I have to earn my living playing football.So,that is why I was looking for other avenues.But a club official based in Dubai,initated my move to Bagan.I was going through the posts and comments of the fans.That will inspire me to play well this season."
On Judelin Aveshka–"He is presently playing in a second division club in Argentina.He was part of the team that played in the Copa America Cup qualifier against Trinidad and Tobago.His release from Bagan have got nothing to do with delaying my arrival to India.Maybe Aveska could not impress the management here.The club asked me to suggest a defender,so I gave his name.I have never forced the club to take him."
On I League teams–"All the teams are good this season.It will be a much more tougher and competitive I League.The first 9 matches of the league will be very important to win the championship."
On Bernard Mendy–The match will be between East Bengal and Mohun Bagan.It is a derby after all and not a match between Norde and Mendy.
On ISL–I have developed my skill as a footballer after playing in the ISL.
Bagan coach Sanjay Sen maintoined,he will take a call on Sony only after discussing his fitness with Garcia,“It’s too early to comment whether I will play him in the derby or not.I know he is in match practice.Will discuss with Garcia before taking a decision.”

No comments:

Post a Comment